Thursday, April 19, 2007

In facing danger, it is best to have a badger at your side

This has been really busy week, but I get a day of rest now. So I can update what has been going on. First there was Easter. Charli and I dyed some eggs and here is a pic of them. We were using rubberbands and so got these cool stripes. I really like the green/orange one that I made. I also baked a small ham, which was a first.


In the last week, things were more hectic. I presented a paper at a conference this weekend and helped run the catering for the conference as well. Charli took some pictures, and here is one. I was nervous to start off, but in the end I think it was a great experience. Speaking in front of 15 people and sharing your research kind of breeds anxiety. What if they think your wrong? But I got great feedback and got through it.


However, the thing I was most worried about was presenting a lecture in the class that I am TAing for. 15 people is one thing. 200 undergrads looking for you to explain the importance of World War I is somewhat different. Standing down at the bottom of a lecture hall with everyone watching you is kind of creepy. But, after starting a little rough, things calmed down and I had fun with it. I think the most important thing was using examples that I know really well, so that I wasen't just reading through the notes, but rather just talking to them. I'm glad I did it.

As for other news, lets just say that neither my Chicago Cubs or Melbourne Demons have started well this season. It could be a long summer of sports...

No comments: