Saturday, June 02, 2007

Crooked French Canadians are awesome!

It has been a busy month, with almost vacations and real ones taking place. The title refers to the song "July July" by the Decemberists. I have been listening to them a lot recently and I highly recommend all of their albums. I'm not sure how to describe their music besides saying its catchy and full of great lyrics.

As for the almost vacation, we were going to head out to Catalina Island. Unfortunately it caught on fire and that trip was finished. Last weekend though, we went camping out at Big Bear Lake. I had never been up there before, but it was beautiful and quiet, even for Memorial Day. It kind of reminded us of miniature Lake Tahoe. Really, it was just nice to be away from school and email for three days. It recharged my batteries as we head into the final two weeks. I have pics, but they are saved on my other computer. I will post them soon.

As for Sports, well my Cubbies are not looking good. They are playing terribly right now and last night the pitcher and catcher got in a fight. Generally, fights break out between teams, not within them. My Melbourne Demons recorded their first victory of the season last night. Too bad it came in Week 10 of a 22 week season. I somehow doubt they will be in the playoffs this year.

That's it for now, more soon.

No comments: