Thursday, March 12, 2009

Watchmen

Saw Watchmen yesterday and still haven't decided how I feel about the film. Visually stunning. And very faithful to the imagery and feel of the setting. In fact, as you watch the movie you could take snapshots and insert them onto the pages. But maybe that's one of my problems with it. In some ways, it fells much more like a companion to the comic than an independent project. And for the ending, yeah they changed it and while it works on some levels, it loses ALOT of the significance that the original story placed on the final act. I was so excited to see the movie, and while I am a little disappointed in the end result, overall I did enjoy it. How can you not, its the Watchmen on the big screen? Now I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see the extended director's cut when it comes out on DVD.

No comments: