Sunday, September 03, 2006

Currency

Alright, I saw Crank on friday and the movie was so bad that I need to rant about something completely entertainment related. Currency!

Yes, I hate pennies and believe them to be worthless. Actually they are worthless now that the government announced they cost more to produce than their monetary value. Every penny made hurts our economy. I also dislike dollar bills. Now they are fun to enter into wheresgeorge.com, but in reality we are one of the few high power economy nations that still uses one dollar bills, instead of coins. Now we have one dollar coins, but for some reason people are fearful of them. Now back to pennies, one of the big reasons we still have them is due to the influence of the copper mining industry. Here is my solution. Stop making pennies and stop making dollar bills. Instead, make dollar coins that have a high percentage of copper in them. Thus making mining interests happy, and me happy because we have switched to dollar coins. To start I think everyone reading this should go to the bank and get some dollar coins from a teller, they do have them there. And go out and spend them. Get people really used to the idea of them.

No comments: