Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Press Eject

I don't know if its age or taste, but I have recently noticed that I have a very short attention span when it comes to movies. Either I like it or I hate it and take it out of the DVD player. I only find this odd b/c I used to watch anything. Even if I wasn't really interested in the movie I would still let it play. Not now though, 10-20 minutes and if I don't like it, its done. The two most recent to suffer this fate were "Meet the Spartans" and something called "Smiley Face". I like spoof movies, but the Spartans movie was just bad. Not funny, just gross and stupid. As for Smiley Face, it was supposed to be a "female version of Harold and Kumar." Sounds good, till your 20 mins. in and you realize it has no plot and makes absolutely no sense at all. Oh well, in the end it just makes room in my schedule for good movies. We saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" at the dollar cinema, a great funny movie. I really liked how it used flashbacks to provide the context for how the relationship had fallen apart. We also watched "Zero Effect". Didn't know what to expect going in, but I really enjoyed it. Good story, quirky characters. I liked the interaction Arlo and Zero the most.

No comments: