Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, my first experience as a lecturer is over and I have to say I think it well. I enjoyed teaching and had fun sharing what I find interesting about history with a captive audience for six weeks. I'll see how they felt about it when student evaluations are released to me next week.

Now, what to do? Actually its all lined up already. Reading, conference attending, and lots of research. Hopefully I will be getting down to San Diego quickly to do some stuff. I also need to brush up on spanish to get my pesky language requirement out of the way.

But in the limited free time, I am thinking of catching up on some "fun reading." In particular, David Sedaris's new book, a new mystery by Christopher Reich, and Palahnuik's new one. I also want to watch Deadwood. There are only three seasons of it, so I think I should be able to finish it.

I got to watch the cubbies beat up on Milwaukee yesterday, only making me hope even more that this is the year. The first time in 100 years? We just have to wait and see, but I think our chances are good. As for my Melbourne Demons, this season is even worse than last year. They are definitely going to get the "wooden spoon" which is the "wow, you were the worst" award. Another really bad season and they may be on the chopping block for relocation. Too bad, given they are the official melbourne team.

Musically, I have on repeat loop, The Wombats first full US release. They are from England and extremely good, can't believe it took so long for the US album to come out.

No comments: