Thursday, July 24, 2008

So July is almost over...

Well almost a month since the last post. That's how busy teaching keeps you. Sitting in Peet's right now writing up the last lecture for the class. It's actually been a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it and look forward to doing this permanently someday. After all that dissertation stuff. August has no teaching in it, but I'll be plenty busy with attending a conference, doing research, and brushing up on/relearning Spanish. Then its off to Peru in September.

I have gotten to see most of the big summer flicks. The Dark Knight was simply amazing. It deserved all the hype. I've always enjoyed Ledger's acting and while its sad that he is gone, I'm glad that his last performance was so perfect. He is the Joker, hands down. That said, I have no idea how this film got rated PG-13! And there were so many kids in the theatre. Oh well, the parents will get their just deserts when all the kids have nightmares for the next few weeks. I also saw Hellboy II yesterday and really liked it. A fun summer action/comedy that allows you to escape for a few hours.

Well, that's all til I'm done with the class next week.

No comments: